Sunday, December 23, 2007


*******************************
A poem by Kenya Brading, aged 14.

Seashell Dreams.

Love, stormy like an open sea,
So much depth, so much desire,
Passionate wisp of breath,
Caress. Kiss. Arousal.

Hair wild at top of cliff,
Remembering your familiar face,
Your differing moods, different styles,
Head savagely spinning, heart afire.

Why didn’t you say, ‘I love you’?
Such a dizzy edge, smile so soft,
I watched you spread your wings,
Were angels calling you aloft?

My spread-eagle arms weighty on the wind,
Grassy sand dunes shifting, rolling,
And like a lover’s lullaby,
I hear you say goodbye.

‘Is it driftwood washed up on sands?
‘Mid wavelets rippling, tops bespangled,
‘No! ‘Tis you, in twisting water dance,
Perchance returning to claim my hand?
*
Under moonlight and the stars,
She puts your heart to her ear,
To hear the ocean of your soul,
And the wild wind that makes you whole.

With foaming eiders on the waves,
She spirits you away ... away.
My tears fall on open lands,
Creating a river back to the sea.

Two oceans mirror different worlds,
Where sorrow and bliss collide,
You fly to the sky where the sea is held,
While my road twists down to hell.

Your love like an open sea,
I lock deep waters in my heart.
Clouds of wonder, waves on shore,
Wash me out, forever no more.

When dawn’s light strokes my window,
Flooding my world with day,
You drown yourself inside of me,
In a casket of seashell dreams.
******************************

No comments: