Monday, March 10, 2008



A. A. A. D. D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
.

Maybe some of you will relate to this.
For those who can't, not yet anyway, don’t be too smug…
Your day will come….
.
I decide to wash my car.
.
As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on
the hall table and decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.
.
I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the rubbish bin
under the table, and notice that the rubbish bin needs emptying.
.
I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the rubbish.
.
But then I think, since I'm going to be near the post-box when I take out the rubbish,
I may as well sort out the bills first and post them.
.
I take my chequebook off the table and see that there is only one cheque left.
.
My spare chequebook is in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where
I find the can of lemonade that I had been drinking.
.
I'm going to look for my chequebook, but first I need to push the lemonade can to one
side so that I don't accidentally knock it over.
.
I feel that the lemonade is getting warm and decide to put it
in the refrigerator to keep it cold.
.
As I head towards the kitchen with the can, a vase of flowers on the bookcase
catch my eye - they need water.
.
As I set the lemonade can down on a nearby side-table, I discover the reading glasses
that I've been searching for all morning.
.
I decide that I’d better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers.
.
I set the glasses back down on the side-table and head for the kitchen to give water to the
flowers, when I unexpectedly spot the TV remote laying on the kitchen table.
.
Someone must’ve left it there.
.
I realize that tonight, when I go to watch TV; I’ll need the remote, and knowing
that I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, I decide to put it back where
it belongs. First, though, I'll water the flowers.
.
I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor.
.
So, I set the flowers and the remote on the table; get some paper towels and wipe up the spill.
.
Then I head down the hall trying to remember what it was I planned to do.
.
By now it’s the end of the day. The car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid,
there is a warm can of lemonade sitting on a side-table, the flowers aren't properly watered,
there is still only one cheque in my chequebook, I can't find the TV remote or my glasses,
and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.
.
Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know
I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.
.
Never mind. Tomorrow I’ll wash the car.
.
GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY.
GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.
LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC.
LAUGHING AT OTHERS IS MEAN.
.

No comments: